- Sept 2017 – Rune Soup Interview: Plant Allies with Sarah Lawless and Juniper Jeni – New!
- Mar 2017 – To Know the Land Interview: Animism & De-Urbanization
- 2016 – La Brigata di Notte: Of Witchcraft, Flight and Other Wonders
- 2015 – Rune Soup Interview: Talking Animism with Gordon White
- 2015 – Infinite Beliefs Interview: Animistic Herbalism
- 2015 – Down at the Crossroads Podcast Interview #2
- 2015 – Cosmic Chat with Amelia Quint of The Midheaven
- 2015 – “Lord of the Beasts” Interview with Steven Posch
- 2014 – Milagro Roots Interview
- 2014 – Inciting a Riot Podcast Interview
- 2013 – Heathen Harvest Interview
- 2013 – Down at the Crossroads Podcast Interview #1
- 2013 – Pagan Bundle Interview
- 2012 – The Province’s Samhain Interview
- 2012 – LA Fringe Artists Examiner Interview
- 2010 – New World Witchery Podcast Interview
- 2007 – Wigglian Way Podcast Interview
Works In Print
- “Horse and Hattock” for Cauldron Magazine, August 2007
- “The White Penis Cult of Forest Grove” for The Crooked Path Journal, Spring 2009
- “Hedgecrosser’s Mandala” illustration for Hex Magazine Issue 8, Spring-Summer 2011
- Cover art, illustration, and “The God’s Riddle” for the “Hoofprints in the Wildwood” anthology, April 2011
- Cover art and “Land Guardianship” article for Cauldron Magazine, November 2011
- Illustrations for “Witches and Pagans Magazine” Heathenism issue, Jan 2012
- Illustrated article “The Girl Who Found a Feather” for “Witches and Pagans Magazine” Air issue, September 2012
- “Mysteries of Beast, Blood and Bone” for Serpent Songs: Anthology of Traditional Craft by Scarlet Imprint – May 2013
- “Intoxication, Seership and the Poison Path” for Clavicula Nox V – May 2014
- “For Fear of Flying.” Pillars III by Anathema Publishing, Spring 2015
- “Solanaceae: A Monograph of Nightshade Medicine.” Traditions in Western Herbalism 2016 Class Essay Book.
For interviewers, project collaborators, websites for events I am teaching at, and others requiring a bio and photos.
A professional artist, writer, and folk herbalist, Sarah currently lives in Ontario, Canada with her partner and two sons. Her art and writings have been published by Scarlet Imprint and Gullinbursti Press and have been featured in Clavicula Nox, Pillars, The Cauldron, Witches & Pagans, and Hex Magazine. She is a carver, painter, and illustrator working in the mediums of bone, wood, ink and paint creating original artwork, talismans, and ritual tools. Sarah is most well-known for her herbal creations crafted from rare, organic and wild harvested plants.
She was born and raised in the wilds and small towns of the Pacific Northwest from Cormorant Island to a stone’s throw from Alaska. Brought up on the folklore and fairy tales of her Irish and Scoto-Scandinavian ancestors, but also immersed in the myths, legends, and traditions of First Nations people, her work is heavily influenced by the lore, flora and fauna of both the Old and New Worlds. An animist and naturalist, her temple is the great old growth forests, her gods are the genius loci and the ancestors, and her familiar spirits are the animals, insects, plants and trees. The purpose of all her work is to teach as much as possible about the natural world in order to help reconnect us with the Earth and the spirits of the wild.
- Website: http://sarahannelawless.com/
- Shop: http://fernandfungi.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sarahannelawless
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/forestwitch
Large image – full resolution: 1000 x 652 px
Thumbnail – full resolution: 150 x 150 px
Colour image – full resolution: 743 x 600 px