Episode III: The Making of a Shaman
Click to Play Online or Download | Length: 1:08
In this third installment of HedgeFolk Tales the witch covers the initiation of the shaman – from knowledge of this world into knowledge of all worlds and the universe itself. You will be hearing two tales; first a retelling of the Welsh myth of the famous bard and poet Taliesin and then a special appearance of Mojo from the Wigglian Way Pagan Podcast with a trancework tale of an apprentice’s journey into initiation. Join us on the shaman’s journey to find out if it is reflected in your own life… (and excuse my possibly horrible Welsh pronunciation)
References & Resources:
- Cochrane, Jennifer. “Taliesin”. Encyclopedia Mythica <http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/taliesin.html>
- Dr. Hilda Roderick Ellis Davidson
- Eliade, Mircea. Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy. Princeton University Press, 2004.
- Guest, Lady Charlotte. The Mabinogion. Bernard Quaritch, 1877.
- Harris-Logan, Stuart A. Singing With Blackbirds: The Survival of Primal Celtic Shamanism in later Folk-Traditions. Grey House in the Woods, 2006.
- Llyfr Taliesin – The Book of Taliesin
- Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru by Elis Gruffydd
- Wilby, Emma. Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits: Shamanistic Visionary Traditions in Early Modern British Witchcraft and Magic. Sussex Academic Press, 2005.