Talismans of Claw, Key, Stone and Bone

Crow Claw Amulets

After days of braiding endless strands of cotton and sinew, stitching leather, and selecting perfect bones and stones – the talismans are ready and are now available in the workshop.

I made a larger number of Crow Claw Amulets this time due to popular demand. Lovely taxidermied crow toes stitched with soft black leather and long handbraided cords of black cotton. Perfect for witches who want to keep a crow or raven familiar close to their dark hearts.

By toe of crow

I also had a lot of demand for holed stones so I crafted two types – plain sea-polished stones strung on red cotton braids, a large hag stone strung with a goat bone bead and black cotton, and two stone age hag stones strung on braided deer sinew – one with crow vertebrae and one with owl.

Naturally-holed stones (called mare stones, hag stones, witch stones, or holey stones) are worn to protect from nightmares, the Mara, to bless holy water, to see spirits, and to aid in hedgecrossing and spirit work as well as protect you while doing so.

Witch's Familiar Hag Stones

Lastly, I crafted skeleton key talismans. A key of flame for opening the door to the cunning fire and divine inspiration, a psychopomp’s key to the underworld with a hag stone and bird bone, and a mystic’s key for opening oneself to hidden wisdom.

Skeleton Key Amulets

Skeleton keys details

Comments

17 Responses to “Talismans of Claw, Key, Stone and Bone”

1. The Skeleton Key talismans are by far my favourite, but then again I’m highly partial to Keys hehe! Stunning work as usual!

2. Tana says:

Your stuff is amazing.
    I saw someone offering a crow’s claw on Dawanda, and there was nothing when I looked at it. But your things… power, power, power. :)

3. Duffi says:

Just made it in time for a Crow amulet and a hag stone. Thanks, as always, for your beautiful work.

4. Laurel says:

Crap, I am going to have to learn to move faster! Well, this is a lovely collection and it is nice to see you crafting again!

5. Valentina says:

Every time I visit and view your blog, it is a delight! This time I was really impressed with these, your newest creations. Simply love them! I want. The crow toe necklaces are especially wonderful.

6. greycatsidhe says:

I love the skeleton key talismans. What a wonderful idea!

I actually hung the hagstone I purchased from you near my bed. Ever since, I haven’t suffered from any terrible nightmares. I hope it stays that way! *knock on wood*

7. Jasmine says:

I love the Crow Amulets! Everytime I try to get one they’re sold out! They are popular!

8. Jasmine says:

Hopefully I can get one someday…

9. Everytime you go to your store it’s SOLD SOLD SOLD. How incredible for you, that must be a wonderful feeling. I really like the Crow talismans, I’ve always felt an affinity for them.

10. These pieces are great. I really wish I could have two of these tools (a had stone and the psychopomp key)

11. Melanie says:

My dark heart caws for more. Bloody hell, girl you sell out quickly!!! ;

12. Ginger says:

I can’t seem to buy anything from you as you sell out so quickly!
    Do you by chance have a waiting list?
    Blessings

• I’m sorry, I don’t have a waiting list – it’s just first come, first serve. I’ve started leaving advanced notifications of new release dates on the shop’s home page as well as my facebook and twitter for those who want to make sure they get something.

Slainte,
      Sarah

13. dragonwyst says:

I just what to know – what happened to the crows that originally owned those claws….?

14. belles creations blog interessant erilaumor éon de l’ étoile.