Sneak Peek at a New Project

I’ve dreamed for many a year of being a storyteller in the tradition of the Irish side of my family, but suffer from terrible stage fright when not in the company of friends and loved ones. Luckily there’s this new-fangled thing called podcasting where you don’t have to stand up in front of people to tell a story! Hedgefolk Tales will be a mixture of oral and written lore pertaining to folk magic and witchcraft. The site will be launched next weekend!

(click to enlarge)

Comments

20 Responses to “Sneak Peek at a New Project”

1. Pombagira says:

yay *twirls around excited like*

2. Britton says:

Oh man! I’ll be all over that like white on rice! ;)

Very excited!

3. dre says:

Congratulations! What a wonderful idea. I hope you enjoy it, and I can’t wait to listen!

4. Beth says:

THAT IS SUCH AN AWESOME IDEA!!!

Sorry I love this kind of thing! Way too cool!

5. Claire says:

I can’t wait to listen too ! Your podcast will travel to France too :D

6. Gary says:

Another great concept from such a creative individual! I will be looking forward to tuning in to this latest venture! Bonne Chance!

7. Cory says:

What Pombagira said! This is totally reason for a happy-dance. :-)

8. Mist says:

That’s an awesome idea. Can’t wait!

9. blaze says:

I can’t wait to listen – feet up, in front of my fire with a cup of steaming herbal tea!

I have been following your blog for quite some time and just thought I had to put my 2 cents in this time.

Waiting with much anticipation……

10. Amanda says:

Oooh. So exciting. I can’t wait to listen.

11. Anthony says:

Hi sarah…looking forward to the stories :)

Do you know of any trees that have connections to grounding and to toads? trouble with channeling incense recipies is that sometimes the spirits use the most bizzar terms for things. this time it is “wood of toad” and yes, i know i’m crazy.

Ta
    Anthony

12. Sarah says:

Lol, our names probably make even less sense to the spirits! Well there is the Toad Tree from Africa (tabernaemontana elegans)… I’d do some divination to see if that’s what they meant. Otherwise all I can think of is that they meant an “amphibious” tree – meaning trees that grow in or right next to water – any swamps near where you dwell? Local ones for me would be Alder, Poplar, and Elder.

Slainte!
    Sarah

13. Jan says:

What a wonderful idea.
    You’re the best, Sarah! ;)

14. M. says:

Don’t give up on the idea altogether to do it in person one day. I give fitness classes to groups of ladies and always want to die when they stand in front of me waiting to be instructed. The first new class is always the worst, but ones I get going things fall into place.
    I am sure you would be wonderful at story telling in person as well and it would be a great experience. Scary yes, but sometimes we just have to fight that fear because it will push us on a different level. That does not mean I am against the podcasting. I live in Germany and would never see you on stage so WOO HOO :-) for this idea. Maybe the next step to try is youtube where you can be heard and seen. Next step telling stories only to your close friends and family and the next step …

15. Miaerowyn says:

OMGs! I cannot wait to listen! I always love listening to you on the Wigglian Way!
    Can’t wait to hear the stories a fables you will share with us, woot!

Miaerowyn

16. Neimh says:

I am so looking forward to this! Thank you!

17. fairydust says:

Looks wonderful – I know I’ll enjoy it immensely!!

18. Sarah says:

So obviously there’s been a delay! Classes five days a week are more time-consuming than I expected, but I have been working on the first episode which should be out this weekend for sure. The website is up now for those who want to check it out: HedgefolkTales.com

Slainte!